The Drama Pool
In order to more fully replicate some of the plot arcs seen in comic
books, we'll be adopting a Drama Pool mechanic a little bit like the
Drama Dice from Seventh Sea.
Basically, this will allow villains to seriously kick your butt in the
first half of the plot arc, and then get their butts seriously kicked
in the second half, with the middle being about even.
- There are two Drama Pools, one for the Villains, and one for the
Heroes. (Note that non-villainous NPCs cannot draw on any Drama
Pools.) All stones in Drama Pools are red stones.
- The Heroes' Drama Pool starts with one stone for every player
- The Villains' Drama Pool starts with one stone for every player
character, plus one stone for every rank of EITHER: Wealth,
Intelligence or Influence that the main villain of the scenario has.
If there is a team of villains, they must pick a single stat from a
- The Drama Pool provides extra red stones to any Action at any time.
The normal "cap" of the Action Number still applies, and you cannot use
more red stones from your Drama Pool than you are using from your own
Energy Pool. (Put another way, at least half of the red stones you are
putting in the Action must be from your Energy Pool.)
- When Villains spend a stone out of their Drama Pool, one is added
to the Heroes' Drama Pool. (The reverse is not true.)
- When a Hero faces a Limitation, a red stone is added to the Drama
- When a Hero takes blue stone damage, a red stone is added to the
Drama Pool. (Only one stone is added no matter how many stones of
damage the Hero suffers.)
- Drama Pools are restarted after every Mission.
Back to the House Rules index.